We are committed to respecting the right of privacy of the visitors on our Web site.
- We do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address during your visit to our Web site. We only collect this information when you supply it voluntarily by subscribing to our e-mail subscription service, submitting an information request or fill in any other online forms.
- Any personal information you provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that you are notified when any information is being collected, informed why it is being collected and that you have a right to access that information.
- We do gather information about traffic on our web site so that we can continue to develop the site to better suit your needs. This does not include personal information about you, but includes information about your visit on the site such as:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address and the name of your service provider's service.
- The length of each visit.
- The number of requests per visit.
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d'accès à l'information.
- Accountability. We are responsible for personal information under our control. Our CEO is responsible for implementing and overseeing compliance with our privacy policies and practices.
- Identifying purposes. Before or when we collect your personal information, we will let you know why we are doing so, explain how we will use it and when it may be disclosed.
- Consent. We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent.
- Limiting collection. We will collect information about you only to the extent necessary for our identified purposes and only if it is reasonable and appropriate in the circumstances.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention. We will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless we have your consent or as required by law. Your personal information will be kept only as long as it takes to fulfill those purposes.
- Accuracy. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us if you believe your information is inaccurate.
- Safeguards. Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information; methods of protection will include - physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures.
- Openness. We will provide you with a copy of this Privacy Statement on request.
- Individual access. You have the right to request access to your personal information in our possession. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended.
- Challenge and compliance. You may address any challenges concerning compliance with these privacy principles to our CEO.