If you are thinking of listing, call anyone...
If you are thinking of selling, Call the Lindsays!
Home Staging Tips
Home décor for winter
As we begin a New Year, there is always talk of change but when it comes to home décor winter is a dull time. There is talk of trends and incorporating them but most people are still struggling to recover after a holiday season of over spending. The thought of pouring money into home improvements is off-putting. The cold air doesn’t inspire thoughts of taking down walls and living amidst renovation dust. This time of year, we yearn to pass time by the fire, curled on the sofa with a good book.
While we cocoon, our eyes will take a good look at the living space around us and realize that now is the time to spruce things up.
This New Year brings much needed excitement to home decorating and it won’t take much to jazz up your surroundings.
· Start with light fixtures. The time has come to dress them up, think crystal, jeweled, silver and gold. The simplicity of days gone by is crying out for some decoration; nothing adds sparkle to a room better than a stunning chandelier, wall sconce or lamp.
· Start a collection. Clutter-free living is making way for conversation pieces. Head out to antique markets and look for objects of interest to dress up table tops and bookcases.
· Fill empty wall spaces. Find art in the unusual. Old maps, calendars from years gone by and of course family photos, old and new, make for wonderful framed artwork.
· Introduce an unusual item into your home. A chest to replace a basic coffee table, interesting fire tools, an antique mirror above a clean-lined bathroom sink, an umbrella stand in the front hall, are all decorative items that add flair to basic décor.
· Pick up some new coffee table books to not only add interest but give you even more reason to stay inside and nest!
Write to me to share your ideas and suggestions about winter home decorating!